Are you tired of dry and rough skin? The good news is there is an easy solution at your fingertips! I’m talking about homemade face cream for dry skin.
Here, we will show you how to prepare your homemade facial creams with basic ingredients available in almost any supermarket.
These simple recipes are 100% natural, with no added chemicals, and are designed to provide your complexion with deep hydration.
If you want to get the best possible results for your skin, there is nothing like using a recipe made by yourself, instead of relying on store-bought products.
Leave behind the problems related to dryness!
Discover now how to quickly make your homemade face cream for dry skin following our simple step-by-step recipes.
Benefits of Homemade Dry Skin Facial Cream
Homemade facial creams offer many benefits for dry skin. They hydrate the skin, improve its elasticity, and prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
This is achieved by using natural ingredients that deeply nourish the skin without having adverse effects on it.
In addition, these creams are very easy to prepare and customize with vegetable oils, essential oils, or other organic cosmetic products.
With this kind of natural treatment to maintain a healthy face, you can enjoy daily the pleasant aroma and refreshing sensation that its ingredients provide you.
Let’s now review what essential ingredients you need to create a homemade facial cream for dry skin.
Homemade Face Cream for Dry Skin: Essential Ingredients
Have you heard the old phrase “beauty is on the inside”? Well, that couldn’t be more true when it comes to your skin.
If you want to maintain a healthy and glowing appearance, you need to have the right ingredients to create a homemade face cream for dry skin.
Vegetable oils are some of the best natural allies out there for hydrating your skin.
These nourishing oils contain vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients that help restore your skin’s internal balance and protect it from external impurities.
They also contain antioxidants to fight the free radicals responsible for premature skin aging.
Furthermore, there is a great variety of different vegetable oils available to choose from, depending on the type of skin problem you are facing.
By combining them correctly with other natural ingredients, such as shea butter or nutrient-rich botanical extracts, you will get a unique product for your skin care needs.
So let’s go!
What Are the Best Oils for Moisturizing Dry Skin?
Oils are one of the best ways to deeply hydrate dry skin.
There are several types available, each with its own unique advantages and benefits.
Here are some oils that are among the favorites to help nourish the skin!
Olive oil is rich in natural antioxidants that help keep skin young and healthy.
It is packed with vitamin E, which means it is also ideal for combating signs of premature aging.
Additionally, its light texture makes it easily absorbed by the skin without feeling greasy or heavy.
Sweet almond oil contains nutrients such as omega-3 and omega-6, as well as vitamins A and E to give your skin an extra boost of moisture.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties, making it great for treating skin problems such as eczema and even atopic dermatitis.
Coconut oil is full of healthy saturated fatty acids for the skin, which gives extra elasticity to the epidermis while reducing irritations and eliminating harmful bacteria.
It quickly absorbs dry skin without a sticky or greasy residue, making it perfect for daily use all over the body after bathing.
Though there are many other great oils for softening and moisturizing your dry complexion, these three are a good starting point if you want to get visibly remarkable instant results.
Now that we know what are the best oils for moisturizing dry skin.
Let’s take a look at some previous tips before preparing our homemade cream for dry skin.
Additional Tips: Application and Storage
Now that you are about to prepare your homemade facial cream for dry skin, there are some important points to consider in terms of the application and storage of this. Here is a list of 4 simple steps:
1. Always make sure to clean your face well before applying the homemade facial cream.
This helps to remove any dirt or impurities accumulated throughout the day.
2. After washing, dry your face with a soft towel before spreading the cream generously across your face and neck.
3. Let it sit for 15–20 minutes before removing it with cold water to seal in the hydrating benefits to your dry skin.
4. When not using the cream, store it in a cool and dark place to keep its active ingredients as best as possible.
By doing this, you will be able to fully enjoy the soothing and nourishing effect of your specially designed-recipe to combat the visible signs of damage caused by severe dryness on the skin.
The next step will be exploring essential recipes for homemade facial cream for different types of dry skin!
Homemade Face Cream For Dry Skin: Recipes
Homemade Olive Oil Face Cream
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1 tablespoon of almond oil
1. In a container, mix olive oil, cocoa butter, and almond oil.
2. Heat this mixture on low heat until all the ingredients are well blended.
3. Remove the container from the heat and add the honey. Mix well until a homogeneous cream is formed.
4. Cool the cream in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. Apply the cream onto clean and dry skin with gentle circular motions until it is completely absorbed.
6. Leave it to act for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
7. Use this cream twice a day to keep your skin hydrated and soft.
Homemade Coconut Oil Face Cream
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of shea butter
– 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
– ½ teaspoon of honey
– ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Place the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until they are well combined.
2. Apply the cream to the face with a gentle circular motion and once applied, leave it to act for 10–15 minutes.
3. Remove the cream with lukewarm water to remove the remains.
4. Use the coconut oil facial cream daily to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
Homemade Almond Oil Face Cream
– 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
– 2 tablespoons of shea butter
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1 teaspoon of aloe vera extract or gel
1. In a small container, mix almond oil, shea butter, egg, and honey.
2. Beat the mixture until it is homogeneous.
3. Add the aloe vera extract and continue beating.
4. Apply the facial cream with a cotton ball on a clean and dry face.
5. Let it act for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean towel.
Skin care is essential for optimal health. And with so many options in the market, we sometimes forget how simple and effective it can be to make our homemade facial creams.
These products offer the same nutritional benefits without all the unnecessary chemicals.
Plus, homemade face creams are perfect for dry skin because they provide deep hydration and essential nutrients to restore the skin’s natural moisture.
With this in mind, I have prepared three simple recipes to help you take your beauty routine to the next level.
There is always a suitable recipe for all types of dry skin.
So go ahead! Let’s be creative with our skincare and enjoy the additional nutritional benefits you get by using fresh natural and organic ingredients.
I hope I have given you some practical ideas on how to improve your complexion with these amazing homemade facial cream recipes for dry skin.
If you liked this post, please share it! Save THIS PIN to your Facial Care Pinterest board and check it at any time! 🙂