Castor oil has gained a lot of popularity recently for its great health, skin, and hair benefits. With this homemade castor oil hair mask, you will use one of the most beneficial oils for hair as it is highly nourishing, moisturizing, and can promote hair growth.
Hair thinning and hair loss are problems for some people, as it is an external factor that can have a great impact on image and self-esteem. This homemade hair mask recipe with honey and castor oil moisturizes dry hair, repairs split ends, and stimulate hair growth in a fast and healthy way.
Benefits of Homemade Castor Oil Hair Mask: Ingredients
It is rich in vitamins, proteins, and nourishing fats that strengthen weak and brittle hair. It is also full of vitamin E, which promotes hair growth and moisturizes dry ends. Lecithin, another compound present in eggs, also prevents hair breakage and brittle hair.
It is rich in antioxidants, purifies the hair, and strengthens the hair follicles while softening the hair. Honey also protects against hair loss and deeply moisturizes.
Castor oil or Ricinus communis is high in ricinoleic acid, which penetrates deep into the scalp and hair follicles, regulating pH levels. This prevents hair loss, stimulates hair growth, fights dandruff, and deeply moisturizes the hair. It is also rich in omega-6 and 9 fatty acids, vitamin E, and minerals.
Homemade Castor Oil Hair Mask
- 2 tablespoons of pure organic castor oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Apply the castor oil hair mask starting from the scalp to the ends, making sure that all the hair is well-impregnated.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it on for at least thirty minutes, although I recommend leaving it on for a couple of hours for the best results.
- Wash hair thoroughly to completely remove the mask.
- Repeat the operation two or three times a week.
When buying castor oil, look for an oil that is 100% pure, organic, and cold-pressed. This oil will be rich in nutrients and free of artificial chemicals. Pure castor oil is pale yellow and has a mild aroma.
You can find it in health food stores, herbalists, pharmacies, and even in some vitamin and supplement stores.
You can also buy it online, either directly from the manufacturers or from stores such as Amazon.
Use this homemade castor oil hair mask regularly for the best results.
If you liked this post, please share it. Save THIS PIN below to your Hair Care board on Pinterest and check it at any time! 🙂