Castor oil for hair is one of the great allies for healthy, shiny, and moisturized hair.
Even though we are living in some strange times, it is pretty likely that you have been able to enjoy a dip at the beach or even the pool.
Whether you have or not, you may have thought about what medicine you could use to hydrate your hair. Don’t go away! Next, I will show you everything vegetal castor oil has to offer to your hair.
What Is Castor Oil?
Known as castor oil, it is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant (Ricinus communis), originally from Africa and India. For many years, it has been used in a multitude of ways, although nowadays, its use is emphasized for cosmetics.
Its main components are the perfect combination for protecting and delivering the nutrients your hair needs. Among the most important, we have:
– Ricinoleic acid, which promotes natural hair growth, suppressing at the same time the growth of bacteria and fungi that affects the scalp.
– Vitamin E, which develops stronger and healthy hair.
– Omega 9 fatty acid, which covers the capillary fiber, giving hydration and protection to each hair individually.
– Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids help improve blood circulation within the scalp and hair follicles.
Even though we focus on its hair-care properties in this post, we are talking about an anti-fungicide, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial compound. These properties have consolidated as an excellent option to solve problems related to skin and hair.
Keep reading to find out in more detail what castor oil can do for your hair and the results.
Benefits And Uses Of Castor Oil For Hair
Castor oil has become an inseparable partner in many beauty routines.
Thanks to its properties, it’s an ideal product for applying in the hair, as some of its benefits are:
– Stimulates hair growth. For that, it is recommended to heat the castor oil a bit before application. After that, massage the scalp for five minutes for the product to work.
In this regard, constancy is important, doing this treatment daily and letting the oils work for several hours. The best time to do it is at night.
By doing this, blood circulation is stimulated to the hair follicles, which helps accelerate hair growth.
You can also make your own homemade mask with castor oil, so your hair can grow quickly and healthily.
– Strengthen the hair. Also, thanks to its fatty acid contents, once it penetrates the scalp, castor oil makes the hair strong from the root.
Thus, it increases the follicles’ thickness, achieving stronger hair with more volume after its use.
– Prevents split-ends, improving the look of dry and damaged hair. For that, you can add some drops of castor oil to your shampoo or use it directly as a mask from the middle to the tips of the hair once a week.
You can also apply it like any other hair oil, using it only on the tips as a repair treatment.
– Makes your hair shiny and prevents gray hair. Thanks to its hydrating powers, this oil can improve your hair’s shine and natural color. This is possible because it seals in humidity, avoiding pigment loss.
In order to achieve more thick and accurate colored toned hair, you have to apply the heated oil throughout the entire wet hair.
Benefits For Using On Eyelashes And Brows
In the last years, castor oil has become the star product for eyelash and brow treatment. With the help of “goupillon (a small brush)” and a regular application, this oil can make your eyelashes and brows look amazing.
- When it comes to the eyelashes, this oil helps achieve a more awake look thanks to its fatty acids. If you apply it daily as you would mascara, you will achieve the eyelashes of your dreams in a little time.
- And about the brows, it’s used for over-plucked ones or the ones that have very thin hair. With constant application, you will note that your brow hair starts to regenerate after a few weeks.
In both cases, you can apply the oil directly with your fingers, massaging the zone, or by using applicators.
How to Use in Your Hair
Castor oil can be applied in many ways, just as we already saw in the uses and benefits section.
As you can see, you can add some drops to your daily use shampoo, applying after washing your hair or before you go to sleep, so it can act throughout the whole night.
For a more complete treatment, it is better to use a small quantity of oil on the scalp and then massage it. Also, an application across the whole length of your hair is needed, as well as the tips and damaged zones.
If you want it to penetrate and act deeply, the best option is to cover your head with a hat or a warm towel for 15 minutes. After that, wash your hair again to remove the oil.
For people with thin hair, it is very important to remove all the oil. Otherwise, the hair may end up looking very oily. On the contrary, it won’t be the same result if the application of castor oil is used on curly hair.
It is imperative to repeat the treatment at least once every month, so you can take advantage of all the benefits the oil has to offer.
Where Can I Buy Castor Oil?
You can find castor oil in specialized stores such as herbalists or online stores.
Available in various sizes and formats, you can find the most recognized brands in the biggest online store on the Internet, Amazon. You just have to make sure you buy organic or ecological, and pure castor oil.
If you liked this post, please share it. Save THIS PIN below to your Castor Oil board on Pinterest and check it later! 🙂